Saturday 25 June 2011

Walking with the Bennetts

I believe I have been channeling my inner Elizabeth Bennet recently.
Instead of waiting for a carriage (read the bus) in the cold, I've been walking home from work. It's a long walk, an over two hour walk. I always think I'm a bit of an idiot afterwards and wonder why I did it again.

It has happened more than once, I have looked over the days that I feel the urge, and it has coincided with mornings I've had a giant can of red bull (to stay awake whilst at work...) - so a little different from Lizzie Bennett; who actually enjoyed her walks.
My mother is proud of me - which confuses me, she is proud that I can walk? I do believe she is the one who taught me...
What the Bennetts never had to do was data entry, or call persons for their latest email address as the one we have "returned to sender". None of them had to make each and every call sound sincere.
I'm not trying to sound ungrateful.
It is a job that pays the bills and the book obsession I seem to have.

It is also helping to pay for my fun filled weekend at the Supanova, pop culture convention (read getting my super geek on).
So I should be happy enough for that, right? It's a count the blessings kind of moment.

In saying that, Supanova weekend...
Yes there will be photos... xox

No comments:

Post a Comment